Affordable Alternatives to Pricey Flowers
Flowers can make or break your wedding decor, but they can also break the bank! So, how the heck are you supposed to get Instagram worthy florals on a budget? Don’t worry, you do have options! We’ve gathered our favorite affordable alternatives to pricey flowers.
Bouquets and Corsages
The bride’s and bridesmaids’ bouquets can get expensive. Especially depending on the number of bridesmaids you have! The same goes for the groomsmen and their corsages. Let’s look at the alternatives:
- DIY broach bouquet: perfect for brides going for an art deco look.
- Baby’s breath bouquet: real, inexpensive florals that give off a simple and rustic look.
- Paper flower bouquet: choose to make your own or purchase a done-for-you paper bouquet on Etsy.
- Flower Crown: forego the full bouquet and use a flower crown instead for a bohemian look. Or, use in addition to one of these budget-friendly options!
- Dried flowers: pick your own flowers and dry them to make your very own swoon-worthy bohemian bouquet.
- Greenery bouquet: instead of using expensive flowers, opt for a bouquet of gorgeous greenery; such an elegant look for less!
- Pinecone and pine needle bouquet: the perfect option for a winter wedding!
- Tissue paper: if you’re super crafty, try and make your own tissue paper flowers! These could be used for other types of decor at the ceremony and reception as well.
Whatever you choose for your bouquet, go with the same thing for matching corsages!
Floral centerpieces for the reception tables can easily take your budget from on track to “oh crap!” Opting for decorations other than flowers is a huge money saver. Here are some of our favorites:
- Candles in teacups: this is a great option for the fun, whimsical bride!
- Old books: okay, we’re loving this idea! Head to your favorite second-hand store and purchase the coolest looking old books and display them in a variety of ways on the tables.
- Candles in a terrarium: for the bride who wants a timeless, classic look that never goes out of style!
- Mason jars with baby’s breath: a budget-friendly way to include flowers in your centerpieces- baby’s breath for the win!
- Candles in mason jars: a rustic look that is oh-so-popular.
- Look to nature: Are there elements available in your own back yard that could easily be used to decorate your table? Pine cones, greenery, and other elements from nature are a great, cost-effective way to decorate your tables!
Typical ceremony aisle decor consists of flower petals or bunches of flowers on each pew/aisle chair. To save money, or even just to opt for something different vs. tradition, try one of these options instead:
- Lanterns: add candles for an even more romantic feel.
- Tissue paper flower balls: place these on the end of the rows of seats for a beautiful look for less!
- Large bunches of baby’s breath: are you sensing a theme here? Again, baby’s breath for the win!
- Large candles: create an intimate and romantic feel with large candles lining the aisle.
- Paper flower wall: for those looking for a large DIY project – create a paper flower wall to use as an altar! It makes a huge impact on the decor and vibe, and you’ll love it in your wedding photos!
There are tons of ways to cut back on flower costs and still have a stunning wedding! Instead of feeling limited, choose to think outside the box and get creative! And don’t be afraid to recruit your friends and family for help and ideas. Pro Tip: have your bridesmaids help during your bachelorette party or bridal shower! Which one of these affordable alternatives to pricey flowers is your favorite?
Make sure you’re following along with us on our social media channels for all the wedding tips, tricks, and inspiration: Facebook, Facebook group, Instagram, and Pinterest.
One thought on “Affordable Alternatives to Pricey Flowers”
Affordable Alternatives to Pricey Flowers – Texoma Bride Guide
[…] Continue reading on Texoma Bride Guide > […]
Comments are closed.